it’s jason barry, the guy who played TOMMY RYAN!!!
hello???? where have you been all these years?? death really treated him well.
Below are other pictures of the Titanic 3D premiere in London that really made me question what year it is, including flawless kate being flawless, and caledon hockley still trying to be relevant.
Titanic played a big part in shaping who I am as a person, you know, the obsessive, fangirl adult that I am today. I’m not saying I saw it in the theater 5 times and that I own the script. I am NOT saying that.
Last week, Suz & I got to see a screening of Titanic 3D thanks to Hello Giggles, and it just brought back so many fond memories of using my parents’ money to sit in a movie theater for 3 hours and then listening to the Titanic soundtrack (and Titanic: The Return to Southampton soundtrack) on repeat. The rest of the theater felt the same way, because the first shot of Leo on screen as he’s drawing Rose emitted a loud sigh from all the girls in the audience. Anyways, you should probs go see it in the theater again, because it’s a whole different experience when that ship goes down in 3D and the sound of the windows breaking onto the Captain makes the entire floor vibrate. Plus I mean, Leo in 3D. come on now.
Paris Gellar - a girl many look up to, yet fear at the same time. She’s extremely bright, surprisingly bi-lingual, a Yale graduate, and often times exudes Stalin-esque leadership skills. And there’s a part of me that wishes I had all of these qualities. Did I mention she’s a fictional character?
For those not in the Gimore Girls know-how, Paris Geller is truly one of a kind. When we first meet Paris, she is the popular mean girl at the well-privelaged private school Rory transfers to. Paris targets Rory and makes her her enemy because she’s the only one who could possibly compete with Paris intellectually, and vie for the Valedictorian spot come senior year. I have never seen a character on tv as studious, determined, hard-working, and ruthless as her. Some prime examples:
- Paris reveals to Rory she’s been volunteering for a Habitat for Humanity-like organization for years, because that’s what will get her into Harvard. “I started volunteering in fourth grade. I handed out cookies at the local children’s hospital. By ten, I was leading my first study group. The youngest person in the group was twelve. I’ve been a camp counselor. I organized a senior illiteracy program, I worked a suicide hotline, I manned a runaway center. I’ve adopted dolphins, taught sign language, trained seeing eye dogs.” This concerns Rory. She hasn’t done any of those things.
- In an attempt to gloat about her PSAT scores, Paris brags about her results to her friends, but when she asks Rory, she doesn’t oblige, and this drives Paris nuts. She knows Rory’s hiding her probably much higher score from her, and she even pulls a Mean Girls 3 way call scenario on her just to find out.
- When writing for the Yale Daily News’ Religion Beat, Paris goes hardcore when writing an article. “Look, Rory, if you want to crib your articles from the A.P. Wire, that’s your business. I, on the other hand, actually give a rat’s ass about journalistic integrity. When I write about Ramadan, I experience Ramadan. Are you chewing gum?”
- Society: You need to get a job.
- Me: Okay.
- Society: What are you good at?
- Me: Ignoring my problems.
- Society: What else?
- Me: Writing lengthy, creative tags.
- Society: What else?
- Me: Watching a whole season of a show in one day.